Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a propylene glycol ether of methylcellulose in which the hydroxypropyl group and the methyl group are combined with an ether bond and an anhydrous glucose ring of cellulose, and are white to off-white cellulose powder or granules having Similar to methyl cellulose, cold water dissolution and hot water insoluble characteristics. It has better solubility in organic solvents than water, can be dissolved in anhydrous methanol and ethanol solution, and can also be dissolved in organic solvents such as chlorinated hydrocarbons and ketones. Dissolved in water, its aqueous solution is surface active, forms a film after drying, and undergoes reversible conversion from sol to gel after heating and cooling. It can be used alone in cold drinks or in combination with other emulsifiers and stabilizers. The maximum dosage in cold drinks is 1%. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be mixed with other water-soluble polymer compounds to form a uniform, transparent, and viscosity-sensitive solution. Low viscosity products have a higher gelation temperature than high viscosity. Its solution is stable at room temperature.
White fibrous or granular powder
Cool,dry and hermetic place
The main purpose
1. Construction industry: As a water retaining agent and retarder for cement mortar, the mortar has pumpability. In the plaster, gypsum, putty powder or other building materials as a binder, improve the spreadability and extend the operation time. Used as a paste tile, marble, plastic decoration, paste enhancer, can also reduce the amount of cement. The water retention of HPMC enables the slurry to not crack too quickly after application, and enhances the strength after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing: widely used as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic products.
3. Coating industry: as a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the coating industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvent. As a paint stripper.
4. Ink printing: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvent.
5. Plastic: used as a mold release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
6. Polyvinyl chloride: As a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, it is the main auxiliary agent for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
7. Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industry.
8. Pharmaceutical industry: coating materials; membrane materials; rate-controlled polymer materials for sustained-release preparations; stabilizers; suspending agents; tablet adhesives.